Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Primera vez para Hospital!

I am sick coz of tonsil! (I learned this new word today!) in portuguese, it is called "Amígdala" and in Chinese is 扁桃腺發炎! I felt really bad from yesterday and got serious fever as well :( so, this afternoon, my collegue took me to the hospital in Unicamp. You don't need to pay anything for public hospital here but u need to wait for a loooooooong time! Like today, i waited for almost 1 hour and examined by a nurse first, (when they called my name, i can felt the name is funny and discussed if i am a japanese) then waited for another 15 mins to see the doctor.

So, the doctor is careful and she is nice, i think i should have a shot, but i didn't in the end, coz the doctor said that is too strong for me and I am a foreigner, they are afraid of that, so she prefer to write some prescription for me and buy drog in drogstore!!

Yes, i need to buy drog after the doctor....and it cost me R$30(around NTD600) I think i'm going to bankrupt...when i told my situation to my friend, how come he told me the guy i met in the weekend may have the same problem and infected to me :( I don't know, hope not, and it's really wierd!!! btw, i didn't eat anything for 2 days! hope i can lose some weights as well, haha!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

you don't need to pay for the doctor?

But i remember that u didn't buy any local health insurance...

The situation in Poland is that if foreigners go to see a public doctor, then u need to pay something, but the disaster is after u take the prescription to the drugstore, usually it costs around 1000 NTD...= =